A Brief History of Camp Byng
Scouts have been camping on the property that is now Camp Byng since 1922, the camp property was leased by Scouts Canada, and the camp was officially opened by the then Governor-General of Canada and Chief Scout of Canada, Lord Byng of Vimy, on July 26, 1922. A cairn at the Lower Meadow at Camp Byng commemorates this event.
The property was later purchased by Scouts Canada in 1926, and continuous developments and improvements have been completed over the years.
Today, Camp Byng has about 17 significant buildings and 60 smaller ones throughout the camp. These buildings help to serve the many campers that enjoy their stay at Camp Byng.